Learn how to get the most out of your STORServer® Backup Appliance or other IBM Spectrum® Protect installation with certified training classes from STORServer. STORServer offers live Webinars to deliver interactive training from the convenience of your home or office. All courses are lab-intensive, providing the experience and skills necessary for the daily management of a STORServer Enterprise Backup Appliance.
Who should attend STORServer Training?
New STORServer appliance customers and IT professionals managing IBM Spectrum Protect installations should enroll in ST102 to begin their education. Administrators who have completed ST102 who want to do a deep dive into disaster recovery planning and administration can sign up for ST201A, our advanced session.
2021 SCHEDULED CLASSES
January 18 & 19, 2021full! April 19 & 20, 2021full! July 19 & 20, 2021full! October 18 & 19, 2021full!
- 2021 Schedule Coming soon!
*Need a different date or schedule? Contact us!
STORServer Enterprise Backup Appliance Administrator Training – Course ST102
Instructor-led Online Webinar
- Tuesday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
* Note: All class times are Mountain Time Zone and subject to change based on attendees’ time zones
Certified training for STORServer backup appliance administrators. These IBM Spectrum Protect training sessions are open to all STORServer Appliance customers and existing installations. Attendees will learn how to manage their STORServer backup appliance and IBM Spectrum Protect environments.
STORServer offers a unique, hands-on training curriculum using IBM Spectrum Protect and the latest STORServer Appliance graphical interfaces and features.
Enterprise Backup Appliance Administrator Course Outline:
- Appliance Administration Overview
- Differences in Appliance Versions
- STORServer and IBM Spectrum Protect Overview
- STORServer Appliance Installation
- Interacting with the STORServer Appliance
- Storage Pools
- Database and Recovery Log
- Policy Domains
- Client Node Registration
- Backup-Archive Client Installation
- Backup-Archive Client Interface
- Client Schedules
- Configuring Drives and Libraries
- Administrative Schedules
- Daily Administration
- STORServer Console (SSC) Overview
This course is a pre-requisite for attending ST201A (STORServer Disaster Recovery Seminar Training).
STORServer Advanced Topics Training – Course ST201A
Instructor-led Online Webinar
Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. — 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. — 2:00 p.m.
* Note: All class times are Mountain Time Zone
The STORServer Enterprise Backup Appliance has built-in features for data and disaster recovery. Some of these features are obvious, as in restoring a file from the backup/archive client. Others are complex and expandable. This course will cover many of the basic and advanced functions of recovering data, file systems, entire nodes, and some applications.
This course covers:
Disaster Recovery Manager (DRM)
- Creating the base recovery instruction files
- Adding machines to the plan
- Generating the disaster recovery plan
- Restoring the STORServer database without DRM
- Restoring the STORServer database with DRM
- File restore
- Disk restore
- Virtual Machine restore
- Bare Metal Restore (BMR) procedures (add-on BMR products)
This course requires completion of ST102 (STORServer Enterprise Backup Appliance Administrator Training).
Please contact our training team for available dates and registration openings: