Commvault-powered Dell appliance customers offered three opportunities to assess or upgrade systems at a discount
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – In the wake of Dell™ ending sales of backup appliances powered by CommVault® Simpana as of the 3rd Quarter of 2013, STORServer® today announces three opportunities for CommVault-Dell appliance customers to evaluate and/or upgrade their current systems risk-free and at a discount.
In late 2013, Commvault and STORServer, a leading provider of proven data backup solutions, launched a new series of STORServer Backup Appliances, Powered by Commvault. The STORServer Enterprise Backup Appliance (EBA) 2202 recently received the only “Best in Class” designation in analyst firm DCIG’s 2014-15 Integrated Backup Appliance Buyer’s Guide. STORServer sells five appliance models in the CommVault Simpana line – BA640, BA641, EBA802, EBA1202, and EBA2202.
The three options for current Commvault-Dell appliance customers to evaluate their current backup environments are:
- Fifty percent off a Health Check: Professionally certified consultants perform an onsite or remote assessment to see if the Dell system is running smoothly and if it can be reconfigured to function better. Health Checks require 1-2 days of services and are typically priced at $2,500 a day.
- Free initial solution review and inventory: During a two-hour remote interview, STORServer will evaluate how well the Dell system is keeping up. This service is normally priced at $500.
- Free software upgrade from Simpana 8 or 9 to version 10: As most current Dell systems are running on older versions of Simpana, STORServer will upgrade the software for free to version 10 with the purchase of a new STORServer Commvault Appliance. (Customers must still be in an active support contract with CommVault)
“STORServer is a one-stop shop for all levels and capabilities of data protection appliances,” said John Pearring, vice president of STORServer. “We integrate hardware, software and support into an automated purpose built backup appliance and want to assist Dell appliance customers who are likely using out-of-date hardware and software. Most CommVault customers are eager to update to Simpana 10, which encourages upgrading to new cost-effective and high performance hardware capabilities. We’re available to help Commvault users with older versions of Simpana to determine if it’s time to consider an updated backup appliance solution.”
Powered now by Commvault Simpana, along with IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager, STORServer Appliances offer a scalable range of enterprise backup appliances, smooth transition to the latest backup software versions and upgrade or consulting services that solve today’s data protection, discovery and content access challenges.
STORServer Backup Appliances are proven solutions developed, built and tested by industry experts. STORServer staff and resellers specialize in automated and simplified technology appliances around everything in the data protection arena. STORServer appliance solutions are:
- Quick to install – deploy in hours, not weeks
- Easy to learn and use
- Presented in a centralized management console
- Manageable in minutes a day
- Available with all local or cloud storage options
- Supported entirely by STORServer
STORServer provides every customer the opportunity to try out a backup appliance risk-free with its 30-day money back guarantee.
For more information on STORServer’s line of data backup solutions, visit https://www.storserver.com. To download the full DCIG 2014 Integrated Backup Appliance Buyer’s Guide, visit http://backupapplianceguide.com.
Story also featured in: