March 31 is World Backup Day. Is your company ready to take the pledge?
“I solemnly swear to backup my important documents and precious memories on March 31st. I will also tell my friends and family about World Backup Day – friends don’t let friends go without a backup.”
Between the complexities of managing exploding data growth, compliance requirements, and on-demand requirements from the line of business, your organization needs a backup strategy that is simple to administer, powerful enough to scale with future needs and reliable with technical support that’s available whenever you need it.
The team at STORServer has blogged frequently about planning and executing the right data backup strategy. I thought it would be helpful to highlight some of the key recommendations we’ve posted over the past 6 to 9 months to help you improve your backup processes.
- If you’re a small business that hasn’t implemented a backup strategy, make sure you understand the components of one.
- Think about steps to remove complexity from your backups.
- Verify that data encryption is included.
- Consider pros and cons of cloud storage.
- Understand the advantages of integrated backup appliances versus a do-it-yourself approach.
- If you decide to go with an appliance, read our infographic on how to choose the right appliance
If you don’t already have a backup strategy, hopefully, these guidelines will help you get started. And even if you are already backing up your company’s data, you may learn some things you didn’t consider before. After all, regardless of whether you’re ready to take the World Backup Day pledge or not, your IT department can’t let the business go without the right backup.